Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Letter to Friends and Family


We wanted to send out a short note to just wish everyone a VERY Happy Thanksgiving !
(Sorry this one is going to be a bit sentimental)

Although we will not be celebrating here today, like everyone in the US, this Saturday we have a fun little get together planned with our host family, two other World Teach Volunteers from the US who are based near us, and possibly a few other friends we've made around town (particularly the wonderful local grocery store owner who helped us track down a turkey!).

Rudi and I also wanted to say that we feel very thankful on this particular Thanksgiving. Although we've both travelled quite a bit over the years, the short time we have been here in Namibia has still opened our eyes and changed our perspectives in amazing ways. I realize even more how much we have to be thankful for now, and throughout our lives. I feel so lucky to have realized my childhood dream of becoming a Peace Corps Volunteer in Africa, being able to share this with my amazing husband/best friend, and to have had some of the wonderful experiences I have in my life. Right now life isn't perfect, there are definitely ups and downs and many challenges, but I really don't feel like there is anything at all to complain about. The good and the bad are all part of life and are what really make it great. We are lucky to have our health and happiness and to be doing something we love and believe in.

We also wanted to say how much we really appreciate each and every one of you. Even living thousands of miles away, I can say that we still feel very connected and thankful that we have so many fantastic people in our lives. We'd also like to send a special thanks to those of you who have taken time out of your busy days to send us an email/letter/card/package and for those of you who have helped me with some small projects I've needed professional advice on (thank you!!). It really means a lot to me, and us, to know that you are all there for us even though we are so very far away.

We wish you all the happiest Thanksgiving possible!

All the very best from Africa,
Kristin and Rudi Pettersen

No comments:

Post a Comment